Wednesday 29 July 2015

Girl online: Worth the read?

When I sat down to read Zoe Sugg's 'Girl Online', I didn't expect to finish it the same evening I began it. I would classify it as a chic flick which meant I was hooked as I love chic flicks. It also reminded me of Elle and Blair's 'Beneath the Glitter', which, as another chic flick written by YouTubers had me pleasantly surprised. 

Throughout the book there are hints into the life of Zoe, such as her best friend being gay, which if you watch YouTube you will understand. I liked this because it made me feel more gripped to the book because I felt like I was reading it as her friend, especially as I've been subscribed to her for a very long time. I also wondered if these hints brought any subtle clues to aspects of her life we don't know, and a lot of the time I actually felt like I was reading her (Zoe's) blog. 

Once I'd finished I had a new found love for Zoella. I've also liked her but when she started becoming more famous I almost didn't find the whole concept of watching her videos as exciting; I think because before very few of my friends new about her and if we were talking about her we would call her our friend. I even call my friend 'Chummy' because of her and Louise. 

Now it's safe to say I'm feeling refreshed and ready for more of what Zoella will bring to the table. I'm so happy for her that she's come this far, and I seriously recommend the book if you like chic flicks or just want to support her. 

(The plot was not mentioned at all in case you didn't want spoilers!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment