Monday 23 June 2014

The beauty of skincare

So, It's been a while...you know exams and all but summer is finally here so it's back to posting regularly. 

READ THIS IF YOU WANT PERFECT SKIN 
I wanted to kick start this new season with the importance of a good skincare regime. With summer here that means more sweating, swimming, longer days and partying nights; sometimes makeup isn't always the answer. Getting clear skin for summer is something on everyone's bucket list, you know natural beauty and all, but some of us have to work for it. 

I used to always panic when I got a spot and tried to get rid of it before the next day; but that's just not realistic. Recently I tried the long term solution - sticking to a skincare regime religiously. 

I'm not going to lie, I still get spots, it's not going to completely clear your skin for the rest of your life, especially if you have spot prone skin like me. 

The best thing to do, is keep at it; cleansing every day and night, following up with a toner and moisturiser, exfoliating a couple times a week, and doing a mask about once every week.

Doing this everyday without fail you will notice your skin improving. Don't panic if your spots are not going or you are still getting more. The effects take time so be patient. Once you have your skincare sorted, you will be a step closer to spot free skin for summer. 

Remember to drink lots of water everyday and try and wear minimal makeup. I know for people with problematic skin, which is probably all of you reading this, try minimizing stress by taking hot baths and meditating. Look at my next post for tips on minimizing makeup but still looking flawless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment