Sunday 12 January 2014

Getting ready for the new year

2014 is upon us so I've put together a little thing to get you guys ready for the new year.

1. Reward yourself
Work hard, play hard. Rewarding yourself can reduce stress levels at the end of a busy schedule.
I recommend you find something that you can unwind to as a treat. Fopor example a favourite TV show, Youtuber or a book. Whatever it is make it something to look forward to.
My favourite book in 2013 was Divergent. Read it before the film comes out! It's so hard to chose my favourite Youtuber but I love the Suggs, Troye Sivan, Caspar Lee, Jacksgap, Tanya Burr, Marcus Butler, Louise (Sprinkleofglitter), Aflie (pointlessblogtv), Jim Chapman, Ingrid Nilsen (missglamorazzi), Fleur De Force, and O2L. OMG so many but check them out they are bound to make you smile.
I love to watch The Vampire Diaries, KUWTK, HIMYM, BBT. Sorry bit of a ramble.
Even if you don't do the these things everyday. Try having something to look forward to at the end of every week.

2. Have Pamper sessions
I recommend having a nice relaxing bath every so often, maybe once every one or two weeks depending on how busy you are. You can do your full beauty routine and read a book, listen to music, whatever makes you feel relaxed. 
Some products I recommend for a pamper session are:

  • Lush products. Their bath ballistics are to die for. I've done loads of posts about them if you want to have a look, and there are more to come!
  • Good hair products. Some favourite shampoos of mine are the Lovea shea butter shampoo which you can get from feel unique, and the Organix shampoo in the blue bottle with argon and Moroccan oil. For a conditioner I just use pantene repair and protect, but I like to often treat myself to the macadamia conditioner. I also like to use the Elvive conditioning hair mask.It's super cheap but works so well. 
  • Face products. Get the skin looking great. A good way to remove impurities is to blast the shower head into your face (not too harshly though). There's such a huge rang of face products from high end to high street. It really depends on your skin type. I have very oily skin but sometimes I get dry areas of spots. I also get quite red spots because I have quite fair skin. What's really been working for me the moment is the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser. It is rather expensive but I did find a dupe in Superdrug called 'Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser'. I love products with vitamin e because it soothes redness. The Body Shop vitamin e face mist is great for top ups throughout the day to help reduce redness, and you can use it to set your makeup. Perfect! I've tried so many face products from Superdrug and I've done a blog post on the perfecta wash which helped my acne so much. Recently I've been using the 'pure active 3 in 1 cleanser, exfoliator and mask'. It's helped so much to reduce m acne. Be careful not to over exfoliate your face though. You should be doing it once a week. Something that's great for a quick fix and supposedly lasts a week is the Garnier self heating sauna mask. They're £0.85 from Superdrug and are sooo cool. The mask I use the most often though is this mask which I got from TK Maxx. They come in different coloured bottles depending on your skin type. I have the oily to spot prone skin one with the green bottle and pink writing. It says it gives 10 washes but I've gotten loads more uses out of it
3. Stay healthy.
As much as this is easier said than done, just little changes in your life can make a huge difference. For example, trying to go to bed earlier, whether its 10 minutes or 1 hr earlier, it can make such a difference to your production levels the next day. I have insomnia so I might do a blog post in the future to show you how I deal with it. Anyway, try and drink lots of water. 2 litres a day is perfect. Also try and exercise every so often and try and often replace those bad unhealthy snacks for delicious fruit. Don't over do diets and starve yourself. Your body still needs all the fats, proteins and carbohydrates to process. 

4. My Last tip is to get ontop. By this I mean, spend a day to do those tasks you always say you're going to do but never get round to because you can't be bothered or 'you're too busy.' Yep I'm the exact same and having a de-clutter day helps so much to reduce stress levels and help you to have the best year you can have. 


No comments:

Post a Comment