Friday 12 September 2014

Lily Lolo mineral cover up review / explanation

I've recently been converted to mineral cosmetics. As I am trying to wear minimal makeup at the moment to let my skin clear up, I did some research on some mineral foundations and concealers because I thought they would be lighter and more gentle on my skin. However, I heard a lot of people saying that the mineral products they had purchased had made their skin so itchy and irritated that they had to remove it. 

That's when I came across Lily Lolo. They are a company who makes their products in the UK, which was a huge attraction to me. But of course that's not why I bought it. The reviews were full of positive things saying it covers really well but looks natural, and doesn't irritate the skin. I decided to just order the concealer (mineral cover up) in case I didn't like it. I've been using it for two days and I already have my eye on other things on their website.

What do mineral concealers look like?
This concealer essentially looks like a small pot of powder. 

What do I use to apply?
Mineral concealers are best applied with a brush (using your fingers would get a little messy!). I use a fluffy concealer brush, but any sort of fluffy eye shadow brush like the pink Topshop 'eyes' one, would do perfectly.

How do I apply it?
I have found that I get the best results by first dabbing the brush on my face and then blending any lines away. Keep building up the coverage until you are happy with the result.

What are the end results?
This is the most naturally looking but flawless concealer I have ever used. Up close you can sort of tell you are wearing some form of powder makeup, but it really depends on how much you applied. Anyone not SUPER close to your face will just think you have flawless skin. Plus, the colour range is great so you can find a colour to match your skin tone and you'll never have looked so naturally flawless before.

Can I use this under my eyes?
If you are looking for a concealer purely for under your eyes I don't recommend purchasing a mineral concealer for that. I don't recommend using this as an under concealer, because powders tend to show the fine lines more on our face, If you have it, you could play around with it and give it a go; whatever works for you!

What's the coverage like?
I was amazed that a mineral concealer could provide this much coverage. It covers those big red spots quicker than any other concealer I have used, and the great thing about it it you're not wasting any product by continuously blending it away. It actually works with your skin to give you a smooth complexion. 

What if I don't know what colour to order?
Don't worry! If you're not sure what shade you are, you can get samples. (Check the link below)

Is this affordable?
You're probably thinking this is too good to be true right? Think again! The price of this concealer is very similar to those on the highstreet! It's just £7.99 on their website. Click here to check it out or buy a sample

No comments:

Post a Comment